Saturday, June 19, 2010

Charles De Gaulle

Day 1

This was my first trip to Europe and already I don't like foreign travel. Well, maybe it was a bit to soon to say that. I arrived at the airport in France from Dulles International in DC ready to catch my flight to Vienna. This was a disaster. Little did I know that I would have to literally leave an unsecure area only to go back through security again. This was not a smooth process at all. The lines were extremely long and everyone was grouchy. Everyone was being stopped for additional checking and as a result I missed my connection. So, I had to spend the entire day (8 hours) in Paris until my flight which was not guaranteed. Not to mention the time difference was affecting me already. My body thought it was 4am and in actuality it was 10 am in France. The trip was beginning wrong already. At least I got a free meal and had chance to practice my French. Hello Paris!!

No comments:

Post a Comment